|Current Lead:||Jane Clarke|
Commons Host will facilitate the creation of relaxing communal hubs where Flipizens can congregate in artfully vibrant spaces. Host will lead teams to decorate and light the spaces, provide lounging materials and designate areas for smaller art installations. Events are welcome in the Commons in either an impromptu fashion or around a schedule, to be maintained by the Commons Host team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Solicit and manage donations of lighting, decorative and lounging materials.
- Instigate art and lounge space installations.
- Supplement natural shade if necessary.
- Coordinate a loose schedule of public events such as workshops, yoga classes, tastings, performances, etc.
Other Entities/Leads with Whom the Lead Likely Will Collaborate
- Art Installation Logistics - coordinate power for lighting, transpo for art and materials
- Site Prep AF - clearing the spaces and prepping them pre-event
- City Planning - locating the Commons on the Map
- Graphic Arts - make signs/symbols to designate the Commons spaces
- Art Hype - promote the spaces and solicit artists to bring/do things
Volunteer to Help the Commons Host
This department does not have a volunteer wiki page. You can find out more information about volunteering in this department by contacting the lead.
Current Commons Host
- 2016 Jane Clarke
- 2013 Sharrianna (Parks Department)
- 2012 Sharrianna (Parks Department)
- 2011 Sharrianna (Parks Department)
- 2010 Rusty (Island Host)
- 2009 Kat (Grove Host)
- 2008 Gallows (Grove Host)
- 2007 Amanda "Krystalline" Kraus (Grove Host)